Friday 21 October 2011

The BEST Ride!!

I m running late. There's heavy traffic.I run around  vehicles,tryna cross roads,reach the bus stop.In the era of inflation I avoid the thought of travelling in a rick.I reach the bus stop.The sun shines bright over my head making me sweat......sigh.

I see a fleet of buses coming my way.Its not the bus i wana board.I step back.The bus approaches me in an attacking manner as if demanding its own space like a lion roaring at me,pouncing its claws on me.I step farther back.People rush into the bus.The bus loudly pulls away.

I see another bus coming in.Its the bus i hav to board.But it duznt seem like the driver wants to take the effort of hitting the brakes to let me in.He enjoys driving the bus empty(well,almost)!
I threaten him with my false suicide attempt standing right in front of the red suicide machine.Hurray! He hits the break.*sigh* My life is saved. I run and get into it.

I go past the fat conductor who is sittin in the backseat counting dirty bills given to him by passengers. He is so occupied with his job,he doesn't even notice me.
I search for a 10 rupee note.The fare is 6 bucks.I expect him to have 4bucks change. He expects me to have 6bucks change.Oh! Humans and their expectations.Expectations always hurt.....

I call out to him once,twice,thrice.I am losing it.I yell over the roar of the bus.He spares me a lazy glance through his thick glasses and again resumes his counting business.My destination is approaching.I have to go.
He finally takes pain to get up.Lazily,walking like a hulk,he approaches me,throws a dirty look in my direction.I ignore.

I hand him the 10 rupee note.He asks for a 1 rupee coin.I search inside my bag.I find a 2 rupee coin.I hand it over to him.He examines it carefully.Learns its a 2rupee coin.Hands it back to me.Give me another of his dirty   looks.I ignore.He mutters sumthing under his breath.I ignore.Puts his hand into his bag full of coins.Brings out 2 2rupee coins. Throws them into my hand like he did a big favour giving me the ticket and I didn't deserve any bit of it and neither the change.I ignore.

I see my destination nearing.I walk to the gate.The driver glances at me.Grumbles a bit.With too much effort,hits the breaks almost throwing me out of the bus.I balance myself and get out of the bus.Thanking God for the brilliant BEST ride I just had!!

No comments:

Post a Comment